Monday, October 5, 2026

BIGFOOT GOES TO HELL (2023)

 

PHENOMENALITY: *marvelous* 
MYTHICITY: *poor*
FRYEAN MYTHOS: *adventure*
CAMPBELLIAN FUNCTION: *metaphysical*

In my review of BIGFOOT VS MEGALODON 2, I said it gave a slight "ray of hope" in that the movie delivered at least on a couple of its tenuous subplots. But I didn't really believe BC Fourteen would get even as good at storytelling as Ed Wood. Sure enough, BIGFOOT GOES TO HELL, the next flick in this hypothetical "series," defaults back to jibber-jabber.

In his wheelchair at the end of time, Lucifer gets all wrong up at the pestilence of humanity, whom he considers sycophantic (the soundtrack saus "psycho-phantic") to the will of a non-existent Heaven and its non-existent God. So he sends another demon, Baphomet, to rain nuclear death on Earth-- which I thought was already devastated. Either before or after Baphomet does this, he runs into Bigfoot (back to looking like a fanged monkey) in another spaceship. The two ships exchange fire, and Bigfoot is killed. His spirit shows up in Lucifer's hell, where he exchanges witless dialogue with the Devil. Then when Lucifer has had enough, an angel, looking like a standard Cupid, pops in, and apparently everything Lucifer did is unwritten. A living Bigfoot shows up at the Allies' base and thinks he's had a weird dream.

Toward the beginning someone claims Princess Kali died in a previous installment. I'm not going back to check though. It's not a combative adventure but it is a monster-mash. If I didn't consider Baphomet and Lucifer monsters, there's also a crocodile-man who's the reincarnation of Anton Sandor LaVey.     

No comments:

Post a Comment