PHENOMENALITY: *marvelous*
MYTHICITY: *poor*
FRYEAN MYTHOS: *adventure*
CAMPBELLIAN FUNCTION: *metaphysical*
The "Bigfoot in Space" was only two installments old when the writer-director managed to produce what might be the worst in the series.
True, BVM is just more plotless blather with explicit sexual language added. But this time, BC Fourteen introduces the mutated shark Megalodon, and even troubles to give him an origin of sorts-- but does not actually trouble to produce a face-off, much less a battle, between the two monsters. Possibly I'll see one in BVM 2, though that didn't get foisted upon the streaming public until 2023. Once again, only some vague space-battles make this a combative movie.
The next installment for 2021 took Bigfoot down a Yuletide pathway, BIGFOOT VS. KRAMPUS. If I'm lucky, maybe Krampus will not be capable of speech, and I'll be spared more of Fourteen's rotten dialogue.

No comments:
Post a Comment